The Mark Preece Family House, Hamilton, ON
The Mark Preece Family House is a not-for-profit charitable organization which provides a “home away from home” for out-of-town families of patients being treated at Hamilton hospitals. We are currently seeking a caring, responsible individual to fill the position of Relief Manager at the House.
The Relief Manager supports the Mark Preece Family House vision and goals by effectively managing House operations. The Relief Manager role has scheduled hours during evening, weekend and overnight shifts as well as the opportunity to pick up additional shifts. Flexibility to cover other shifts on an occasional basis is an asset.
Mark Preece Family House Relief Managers respond to guest needs, supervise volunteers and housekeeping staff, perform administrative tasks and light housekeeping duties, and uphold House guidelines.
- Post Secondary education in a related field
- Above-average computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook)
- Minimum of two years of previous work experience in business or human services field.
- Experience working with volunteers an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle crisis situations in a calm manner.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Demonstrated ability to work with families under stress and respond to their needs in a positive and helpful manner
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures while understanding some situations require a compassionate and flexible response
- Physical ability to handle light housekeeping tasks (stripping/making beds, laundry, kitchen clean-up) when required.
- First Aid and CPR
This position will commence July 10. A detailed job description is available on request, and further information about the House is available at www.markpreecehouse.ca. Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.